Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Life II, Pujya Gurudev


Invisible Boons of My Life
=Pt.ShriRam Sharma Acharya
To me my Guru was everything; his instructions were gospel truth for me; discipline was everything; my submission to his will was total. To a soldier discipline is dearer than life. Call it blind faith, or love for discipline, whatever duty was assigned to me or whatever life routine I was asked to follow have been carried out with utmost devotion and dedication. The installation of Akhand Deepak in the prayer room is part of this process. After relying on the Guide and fully submitting to him, there was no question of doubt or debate. On being told that Akhand Deepak had a role in the Sadhana prescribed to me, I simply complied with it and kept it burning throughout the duration of 24 Puraicaranas. Later on, it became dearer than life. It could be put out after 24 years, but such a thought was tantamount to extinguishing my own lamp of life. Hence it was decided to keep it lighted.
When I was away in unknown parts of Himalayas, my dedicated soulmate (my wife) would take care of it. Had I been alone without a soulmate, I would not have been able to do any other Sadhana. It was very difficult to keep the Akhand Deepak ever lighted. Servants, disciples or people of weak spiritual conviction would not have been able to do so. It could not have been possible by mere external alertness; it needed total inner dedication, which only a true soulmate could provide. Maybe, this Akhand Deepak is symbolic of Akhand Yagya. The joss sticks may be playing the role of material for oblation, japa playing the part of recitation of mantras, and the Deepak (Lamp) playing the part of offering of ghee in the sacrificial fire.

In this way an automatic process of sacrificial offering may be getting accomplished. The pitcher of water and the lamp kept together could be instrumental in producing vaporization in a subtle way and be generating some subtle power, like steam in an engine. Or it may be that this external light is helpful in kindling the light within. Whatever it may be, I have been getting spiritual light and inner bliss from this Akhand Deepak in ample measure. This lamp placed on the pedestal was burning externally in the beginning. Later I experienced that the lamp was burning within me in the same form and was illuminating my entire inner being as the outer one illuminated the room. 
Thanks GOD, Thanks Sadguru
Shiv Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment